TEXT

Have I done any good in the world today? If not, I have failed indeed! Then wake up and do something more than dream of your mansion above.
If you read one of my blog posts, please leave a comment down at the bottom and share it with your friends! Thank you!

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

The Faith To Walk On Water

There is a story in the New Testament where the Apostles are on a ship and they see something walking towards them on the water during "the fourth watch" of the night, or between the hours of three and six in the morning. At first they are scared of what they think is a spirit, but then they hear the voice of Christ say, "Be of good cheer; it is I; be not afraid."

At this point Peter asks, "Lord, if it be thou, bid me come unto thee on the water." Christ does so and Peter walks out upon the water. He continues to walk towards the Savior until he sees the raging winds and sinks into the water and cries out, "Lord, save me." The scriptures say whenever Peter called out, "immediately Jesus stretched forth his hand, and caught him." After this, the winds ceased and Christ carried Peter safely back into the ship.

I love the wording the scriptures use in this story. I think what impacts me the most though, is how fast Christ responded to Peter's plea, "Lord, save me." It doesn't say Christ reached out after a few seconds, or that He let Peter drown for a little while before reaching out to save him. The word used was "immediately."

Just as Christ reached out for Peter to save him immediately after he asked, He will also reach out for us immediately when we call Him to save us. It doesn't matter if the winds are boisterous, if it's during the fourth watch, or if we're in the middle of the ocean, Christ will save us in whatever situation we are in, wherever we are, and whenever we call.

No comments:

Post a Comment